Camp Hill Bowls Club, Camp Hill Community Sports Club, Quarry View, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5ZA. T/P 01983 527225
Club news & information.
Please bookmark this new URL for our web site:
Short Mat Carpet Bowls is now finished until the Autumn 2020.
We have two new mats in use. Please contact Rose Tizard, 01983 526921 , or just turn up.
No problem if you have never played before, we have all the equipment needed.
We have plenty of off road parking, so come along & join in.
New & Experienced Players are very welcome to join us.
BOWLS ENGLAND SETS OUT PLANS FOR 2020 SEASON IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Please follow the rules as displayed in the equipment hut window, until then the green is closed, it is hoped to open in June.
Please note the guide notes below are subject to change.
· Only play on alternate rinks e.g. 1, 3, 5 OR 2, 4, 6 (keep an empty rink between rinks that are being played on)
· Maximum of six players on club premises at any one time (assuming average of two people per rink who are not from the same household). Clubs may wish to increase this number if more than two people from the same household are to participate on the same rink.
· No visitors/spectators to be admitted to the club
· Playing Formats The following playing formats are in accordance with Government guidelines:
· Individuals playing bowls on their own on a single rink
· Two individuals from two different households playing on a single rink (no marker)
· Members of the same household on a single rink (no marker unless from same household) Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
· Clubhouse and Facilities • Until further notice, all clubhouses must be closed • Limited essential access (for example to use the toilets and hand washing facilities) may be allowed by the club
· Sanitiser must be available for cleaning hands and equipment before and after playing
· No rubbish bins – players must take any rubbish away with them Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
Equipment To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) should be utilised during any session:
· Mat • Bowls • Jack • Rink markers • Gloves • Scorecards (these should be retained by one person only if required)
· Bowling arm/lifter (for use by one person only if required) T
· To minimise the risk of infection, any other equipment is not deemed essential equipment at this time and should not be utilised.
· This includes: • Scoreboards • Bowls pushers • Ditch markers • 2m distance sticks • Chalk